Sr. Research Associate, Advanced Research & Technology
We are seeking a Sr. Research Associate to join our Advanced Research and Technology Platform group at CRISPR Therapeutics, an exciting, fast growing and well-financed company. The successful candidate will be responsible for enabling gRNA and Cas9 research towards development and evaluation of new methods and technologies. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail and a desire to create new medicines for patients.
- Perform research requiring molecular biology techniques including cloning, qPCR, NGS, RNA and DNA analysis, ddPCR and other plate-based assays
- Optimize assays for assessing activity and specificity of Cas9 orthologs
- Perform basic biochemistry processes and assays, including in vitro transcription, protein extraction, western blots and reagent preparation
- Perform research requiring cell biology techniques including cell culture, transfection/electroporation, FACS, and cell-based assays.
- Analysis and presentation of experimental data
- Work cross-functionally with therapeutic groups and platform technology groups
- BS in biology or related discipline, with 2-5+ years of relevant research experience
- Significant experience with RNA chemistry, structure and synthesis.
- Molecular biology techniques: DNA & RNA isolation and PCR (qRT, ddPCR, etc) and biochemical expertise
- Experience with flow cytometry, including preparation of samples and analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Track record of intellectually challenging oneself to enhance scientific capabilities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a results-oriented cross-functional research team; highly organized with significant attention to detail
- Prior experience with CRISPR/Cas9 and/or modulating gene expression using siRNA, shRNA, or gene-editing platforms
- Experience with assay development, NanoString, automation and NGS
- Protein expression, purification, and biophysical characterization
- Collaborative – One Team.
- Undaunted – Fearless. Can-do attitude.
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
If interested and qualified, please include Requisition # 2018-356 in the subject line when emailing resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on CRISPR Therapeutics, please click here.