Senior Scientist, Delivery Chemistry
We are seeking a Senior Scientist to join an exciting, fast growing and well financed new company to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases. The successful candidate will possess broad synthesis experience, including tech transfer, and will be familiar with lipid nanoparticle-based delivery systems. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail and a desire to create new medicines for patients.
- Support our research efforts on lipid nanoparticle-based delivery platform including design and synthesis of novel lipids and other formulation excipients and coordinate the in vivo evaluation
- Synthesis of nucleoside building blocks to be used for RNA synthesis
- Support the translational and development activities for LNP platform
- Analyze, interpret, and organize data to prepare experimental reports and communicate the results of the projects at internal and external meetings
- The ideal candidate will have a PhD in Chemistry or pharmaceutical sciences and 3-6 years of post-degree laboratory research experience in an industrial or academic setting with emphasis on drug delivery systems
- Strong experience in organic chemistry and multi-step organic synthesis is a must
- Strong laboratory skills in synthesis, purification, and biophysical characterization of small molecules, lipids and formulations
- Experience in chemistry of nucleosides and nucleotides, nucleic acid modifications, and delivery of oligonucleotides are highly desirable
- The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and a passion for science and the development of new, highly innovative technologies.
- In a growing and fast-paced environment, this individual must exhibit nimbleness, a willingness to step outside his or her comfort zone, a dedication to constant learning and personal development and thrive in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) are a must
- Collaborative – Openness. One Team.
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude.
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
If interested and qualified, please include Requisition # 2018-372 in the subject line when emailing resume to: email@example.com.
For more information on CRISPR Therapeutics, please click here.
Crispr Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.